RSS

Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Reading

July was a light reading month. I can't pin-point why, but I just didn't get through much in general, or much of great consequence. I re-read The Book Thief, which is a marvelous book and well worth reading at least once. And I listened to Anne of Avonlea. (I'm hoping to work my way through the series throughout the rest of this year.)

In place of a brief book review, I want to give you two quotes from my reading this month. Beautifully written sentences make me happy.

My few English words were blades of grass plucked from a meadow. To learn a new language would be like mowing that meadow blade by blade. (from When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt)

She felt the stirring of creative impulse, but didn't act on it right away; she must coax it from its hiding place, like a fox from its den. (from The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri)


My Completed List:

Mrs. Pollifax on Safari by Dorothy Gilman
Anne of Avonlea
by L.M. Montgomery (audio)
The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri
When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt

1 comments:

liz nelson said...

i really need to re-read the book thief. i am reading way too slow these days.:(

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template